This post was originally at SNAP! But I wanted to let you all know what it is I keep in my bag:
This is my totally awesome vintage purse. It was given to me by a dear friend, who left it on my porch one time filled with all sorts of great little goodies. She said she couldn’t think of anyone who would like it more.
Just check out that label! And here’s the rest of the interior:
Now, I’m not much of a purse person. This is really how I keep my bag at all times. Occasionally it gets filled up with receipts, but as soon as possible I clean it out. My friends have laughed at how I keep my purse organized. Since in March I’m expecting my first little baby, I’ve already decided I will be downsizing to a wallet that I throw into a diaper bag, so I don’t have to carry two bags.
A little more detail about what I keep in there:
1. My lip products. I almost never wear lipstick. It’s either my chapstick, or if I’m feeling fancy, some lip gloss.
2. My medical kit. It consists of an inhaler and a little box filled with allergy medication and Tums. Only the essentials.
3. Candy and gum. Low blood sugar or bad breath? I’m covered.
4. My keys. I have to keep them on a long lanyard, or I will lose them. This has been proven many, many times.
5. My calendar and pen. Recently I’ve experimented with an online calendar app. I keep the paper one around just in case. If it’s not in here, I will not remember to do it.
6. My idea book. You never know when inspiration will strike.
7. My wallets. I keep two. One with cards and one with cash. The cash wallet generally only contains a couple of pennies rolling around in it.
8. Business cards. I collect them and keep them on hand.
I realized I forgot to photograph my phone in there. Usually I always have my phone in my purse. Gotta be sure I can be texting love notes to my husband.
And there you have it. My amazing vintage purse filled with completely boring essentials. Soon it will retire, and I will be toting around a giant diaper bag.