I Made It! Monday just keeps growing and growing.
And I’m liking it! You posted some fantastic inspirations last week. Here’s my favorite:
Can you say adorable? It’s the product of a great little tutorial by Jill of Jill Made It
. Be sure and grab a featured button over on the sidebar.
Now on to this week. I can’t wait to see what you’ve got! Here’s a couple of recommendations, not necessarily rules:
1. Please follow my blog.
2. Make it family-friendly. I reserve the right to delete inappropriate links.
3. Add the button somewhere on your blog, if possible:
4. Go check out some of the other projects if you have time. Share the love.
is absolutely lame.
At least that’s my opinion.
I’ve been fighting a cold for a few days now. I think the most annoying thing is it’s just lurking there, waiting to pounce when I least expect it instead of just becoming a full-blown hurricane.
So here I sit, having decided to take today off, and I don’t feel great, but I don’t feel the absolute worst. Just a little stuffy, a little sore throat, and a little miserable. Blech.
What do you do when you’re feeling not your best?
So I have this uber-fantastic fabric that I love working with. It’s bright and colorful as well as super adaptable. I’ve made all sorts of things with it.
I wanted to do a little something different, though. So when I was organizing, I found a couple of truly ugly frames. Bought myself some pumpkin orange spray paint and went to town with them. Next, I glued the fabric to the cardboard frame backings. Using some cool buttons someone gave me, I designed a little focal point for one.
I think they will be a fun addition to a little corner of the house that needs some unexpected color.
Here’s a couple of close-ups:
Well, here it is: the unveiling of my first onesie design. It’s for a little girl. I didn’t want it to be too girly, so I used a not pink fabric. Sure, it’s got flowers, but it’s bright, and it’s bold: it’s orange! (Can’t go wrong with orange, right?)
But to keep it kinda feminine I used a heart template. I love it. The stitching is a bold orange zig-zag. The backing I used will probably make the edges fray a bit after some washings, but I think the effect will be overall very cool. Kinda vintage, kinda cottage chic. What do you think? More designs to come…
As you may know, I just started my own etsy shop, Ninth Street Notions.
I’ve created some lovely accessories. I’d love for you to stop by!
But how about a giveaway? Here’s one of my new rings: a pink rose on an antiqued silver filigree band.
Would you like to win? If so, you must be a follower on GFC and,
1. Leave a comment saying what your favorite item in my shop is.
2. For an extra entry, like Ninth Street Notions on Facebook. Leave a comment.
3. Blog about this entry. Leave a comment with a link.
4. Share on Facebook. Leave a comment.
5. Buy something from my shop for 3 entries. Leave 3 comments.
Please leave a way to contact you. The contest ends 2/28/2011 at 10 pm PST.
And now, how about I Made It! Monday? Last week had some fun entries.
1. Please follow my blog.
2. Make it family-friendly. I reserve the right to delete any links I don’t feel fits with my blog.
3. Link up something you’ve created: recipe, craft, etc.
4. Grab my button and post somewhere on your blog:
Have fun! Visit some other links and get inspired.